Saturday, July 4, 2009

I am the United States of America


I am America, two hundred thirty three years old today.

I am America, conceived of for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I am America, land of the free and home of the brave. My sons have walked on the moon.

I am America, the sacred blood of justice courses through me. My children fought for freedom for all.

I am America, fifty independent states united.

I am America, a soldier for freedom. WW I, WW II, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan...

I am America, a beacon of hope; you sent me your poor and hungry. I fed them and they prospered.

I am America, inventor of the airplane, telephone and integrated circuit.

I am America, purple mountains, fruited plains and golden fields, from sea to shining sea.

I am the United States of America, proud to be one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

We have our differences -- political, social, and scientific -- but we should never forget that we have each other. It is our solemn duty to preserve the freedom our fore bearers fought so gallantly to attain for us. We must do the same for our children. Pass on the memories of this country's glory. Make our children proud to be American's. Teach them that our freedom is paid for with the blood and sweat of many brave men and women who care so much about what America stands for they have pledged their very lives for it. Let freedom ring, And God Bless America.

Happy Birthday America

Joseph L. Conigliaro

http://www.pippoproducts.com/products

Photo by: Travis Flynn Photography
www.travisflynnphotography.com
www.travisflynn.blogspot.com

As Featured On EzineArticles



1 comment:

  1. The airplane, telephone and integrated circuit-- amazing how each has made it easier to connect with people across the world. Even if that's all we came up with in 233 years, that wouldn't be so bad.

    ReplyDelete