Friday, March 19, 2010

What Does Mindset and Apple Have in Common?

If Apple was a network marketing company, I'd be their top leader. Now you're wondering why I say that, might be an awful funny way to look at it, but it's all about mindset. Mindset is key when it comes to what we do. It's the first most important key to actual success.

I've been worrying that mindset was the reason I've been struggling, and in a way, that worrying helped to foster holding me back and affected my company in a negative way. Not because of it stopping me from doing work, learning, or trying to move forward. It's because of that subconscious barrier that everyone can see, even if they don't perceive it.

Last night I was listening to an interview with Brian Fanale, that combined with listening to John Jackson live, as well as Gregg Davison sticking in my head from the week before, and the light came on. All of them were talking about mindset, and how important it is. When I combined all of this with "Tribes" by Seth Godin, "Crush It" by Gary Vaynerchuk and a good nights sleep it hit me. Mindset was the answer to all my problems and woes.

I realized that when I talk to people about saving money on their cable bill by using Apple products, or how I have my house set up and optimized because of the Apple products I own and I have working together, discussing their products, or even just helping people with their products. One key is always there whether it be a friend a stranger or even an Apple employee, they're all listening, they're all excited and they're all engaged in what I'm telling them.

You're probably sitting there telling yourself it's because I'm an "Apple Genius" and know everything there is to know about Apple. If that's the case you'd be wrong. I know what I know about Apple from just picking up and using their products. I can't program, I can't do all the nifty special keystroke combinations and I'm only running some of their basic hardware. No, the difference is my passion and confidence with my knowledge and their products.

When I'm discussing Apple, I know in my heart that they are a good company, their customer service in the world of computers is top notch, the quality that goes into their hardware I believe to be 2nd to none, and the genius how all of it works together and integrates is amazing. I'd only wish they'd come out with their own car stereo system to extend the house to the car and you could sync it via wifi when you pulled in the drive, but that's not neither here nor there.

See I have a passion for Apple, not because I own their stocks or I work for them, in fact they've turned me down twice for jobs. It's just a part of me, when I talk about it this inner light shines through into what I'm saying, into my being, I know that I know what I'm talking about, I'm confident about it, I am it. I mean I'm a part of Apple as Apple is a part of me, at that moment we are one and the same, and this attracts anyone into the conversation magnetically. You ask why, I say because of mindset and passion.

When it comes to having a business, you have to get away from what you don't know, what you don't have, what you need, and focus on what you know to be true and what you know the future holds. I knew I was going to be a leader in my company, but I didn't know how to get there. I knew mindset was the obstacle that was holding me up. But it was that mindset, that was holding me back.

Today is different. Today I know I'm a top leader in my company. Why, because I realized I already was, I just have to chip away the stone for everyone else to see it like an artist sculpts marble. An artist already sees what's within and knows it's there. He only has to chip away the rough edges for everyone else to see it too. Chevy Chase said it best in Caddy Shack "You have to be the ball." Be that leader, let your passion and confidence show through. Stop focusing on what you're missing, needing, not getting, don't have, lacking in knowledge etc... be what you already are. The leader of today, that the artist shows everyone else tomorrow.

John Woodman is an expert in marketing and social media strategies. More about mindset and Appleat his blog. To see how he stays on permanent vacation go to I want to live a vacation.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=John_Woodman

http://www.pippoproducts.com/business/index.html

John Woodman - EzineArticles Expert Author

No comments:

Post a Comment